Illinois Health Screener
This tool helps you decide the next step in addressing a concerning symptom.
|Level 4 or Higher
(Profile > My App Privacy Settings > Manage and Understand Your Privacy)
(Settings > Sign In/Sign Out)
|Any Profile Setting
(Profile > Who Are You)
How to Use
- Go to Browse > Wellness > Illinois Health Screener.
- Tap Take the Screener.
- Select one symptom you are currently experiencing from the list.
- If more questions appear, answer them to the best of your ability.
- Tap Continue to submit your information.
- Review the suggestion on the screen and decide your next step.
- Rest and Rescreen suggests you stay home, rest, and try the screening tool again if your symptom does not improve after about a day.
- Dial-A-Nurse suggests you call and speak to a medical professional.
- Call for Help suggests you get in touch with a crisis line for assistance.
Remember: The Health Screener is not a diagnostic tool. Only a medical professional can determine your individual needs. Use your best judgment when making decisions about your health.
Information in the Illinois Health Screener is completely confidential. Only you see your symptoms and responses. The app does not share this information with McKinley Health Center or anyone else.
You can decide whether to share your results with your health-care provider by showing your phone or a screenshot.
The Illinois Health Screener is provided by McKinley Health Center and Student Affairs at the University of Illinois.