Users with or without a NetID can browse university-affiliated events in the Events section of the Illinois app. Users with a NetID can also create new events through Groups.
|Privacy Level||Level 1 or Higher to Browse Events|
Level 3 or Higher to Save Events
(Profile > My App Privacy Settings > Manage and Understand Your Privacy)
|NetID Sign-In||Not required to Browse and Save Events|
(Settings > Sign In/Sign Out)
|Profile Setting||Any Profile Setting|
(Profile > Who Are You)
- Go to the Browse tab and scroll down to Events.
- Tap the Events button and choose Suggested Events to view a curated list of events based on your interests. If you have not specified any interests yet, you will see a list of single-day events occurring over the next seven days.
- Use the filtering options to narrow down the list of Events by:
- Duration: Single Day or Multi Day
- Category: Academic, Athletics, Career Development, etc.
- Date: Next 7 Days, This Weekend, Next 30 Days, etc.
See the screenshots below.
- Tap any Event on the list to open a new page with additional details about the events, including a description, website, and registration links.
- To add an event to your My Events list, tap the star next to it.
- The next time you return to the app, you can view My Events on your Favorites.
- Adjust My Calendar Settings to add Events on your Favorites to the calendar app on your mobile device.
- You may also go to Browse >> Events >> My Events to view a list of the events you saved. Note: The My Events list is only available with a Privacy Setting of 3 or higher.