Daily Wellness Rings
It’s hard to make self-care a priority. But taking small steps can make a huge difference. The Daily Wellness Rings help motivate you to accomplish one step towards creating a habit each day, no matter how big or small. There are multiple ways to practice self-care such as spending time on a hobby, physical activity, or some sort of mindful practice. Remember, your best will look different every day and that’s ok! For example, maybe it’s getting in an entire exercise at the gym or it’s a short walk down the street. Both count as self-care.
|Privacy Level||Level 1 or Higher|
(Profile > My App Privacy Settings > Manage and Understand Your Privacy)
|NetID Sign-In||Not Required|
(Settings > Sign In/Sign Out)
|Profile Setting||Any Profile Setting|
(Profile > Who Are You)
What is a Wellness Ring?
A Wellness Ring represents the routines that you would like to practice every day and tracks your activity over an extended period of two weeks. Each day, a ring will slowly close as you engage in the habits related to it. You can customize your rings to your unique needs, so don’t be afraid to get creative. Always remember to be kind to yourself.
How to Find your Wellness Rings
- Tap the Wellness tab at the bottom of the app screen.
- Find Daily Wellness Rings on the drop menu at the top and select it.
Wellness Rings Basics
- Tap Today’s Rings to view your routines for the day.
- Tap Accomplishments to view habits you have engaged in over the last 14 days.
- Tap Create New Ring to create a new ring from a list of preset rings or create a custom ring that is tailored to your own routines.
Ring options include:
- Hobby: Things you like to do in your free time to take your mind off work.
- Movement: Physical activities that get your body moving in whatever ways you enjoy.
- Mindfulness: Mental exercises that help you focus and improve your mood.
- Custom: Create a unique category for any other habits you would like to work on.
Create a New Ring
- Tap Create New Ring.
- Choose a ring type from the list of preset rings or tap Custom to create a ring that is tailored to your own routines. Tap Next.
- Enter a name for the ring in the Ring Name field.
- Tap on any colored circle to assign a color to the ring.
- Enter a number into the Quantity field. This number represents the number of times you would like to engage in this habit on any day.
- Enter a habit or an item into the Unit field that representshow you will engage in this daily routine.
Example: You may create a Wellness Ring titled Drink Water. The Unit for this habit may be glasses, bottles, or even liters. The Quantity may be the number of times you would like to drink a glass, bottle, or liter of water over a given day. You are free to tailor these rings however makes you most comfortable.
Complete a Wellness Ring
- As you engage in your daily routines, tap the plus (+) button to add an instance of each habit to the counter. Use the minus (-) button to decrease the number if you add more than you intended.
- Each time that you increment the counter, a segment of the ring will appear. When you reach the quantity that you had originally set for yourself, the ring will close. You did it!
- As you complete your Daily Wellness Rings, the app will track your activity over two weeks. Tap Accomplishments to view this activity.