6 Reasons Why You Should Tap “I’m Struggling” on the Illinois App

So, you’re having a pretty good year until the deadlines start to stack and you have three exams coming up. Maybe your new medication isn’t really working out. Maybe you’re just really struggling, and you don’t even know why.

With academic pressures, social challenges, and personal struggles, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and alone when you’re in college – especially around midterms and finals. Being a student is exhausting. You should know and familiarize yourself with all the resources we have available on campus that can help you navigate even the messiest parts of student life.

Here are ten reasons why you should check out I’m Struggling on the Illinois app:

1. You’re not alone. Every resource listed on this page is here to help you navigate any crisis you might be facing. Whether it’s a mental health issue, a relationship problem, or an academic challenge, teams of professionals are ready to provide the support you need.
  2. Options, options, options. I’m Struggling offers you a sundry list of professional services that involve counselors, dietitians, doctors, and deans. They work collaboratively to provide comprehensive support to you, especially knowing that a lot of concerns can stem from multiple factors. It’s never just one thing, is it?
  3. Crisis means now. If you’re dealing with a crisis situation, I’m Struggling has all the most important phone numbers listed prominently to ensure your safety and well-being. You can get connected to the right hotlines quickly and efficiently.
  4. No stigma here. All resources listed under I’m Struggling recognize the unfortunate stigma associated with mental health issues and seek to break down those walls. They provide a reliable space where everyone can feel comfortable seeking help.
  5. Confidentiality is key. Sensitive issues are hard to talk about, but using these resources is strictly your business. The Illinois app and all services on campus uphold the highest standards for privacy.
  6. Accessibility is also key. I’m Struggling is available to all students, regardless of their background, religion, or beliefs. We strive to create a safe and inclusive space for everyone. It’s all listed online, so you can access these resources at any time, from anywhere.

I’m Struggling is an invaluable resource available to all students through the Illinois app. It’s important to know that you’re not alone and that help is available. If you or someone you know is struggling, don’t hesitate to reach out to any service on I’m Struggling to seek help. You can even seek help for yourself if you’re worried about someone else. That can be a lot to deal with too. So, get familiar with everything you can find under I’m Struggling, and remember to take care of yourself.

Categories: Using the app